The Generic Science Fantasy Character Personality and Presentation Generator (GeSciFaChaPerPreGen)

Take the following statement as true:

"Level 1 Characters should not have a backstory. The game is their backstory."

If this is true, what do we then do to generate interest and investment in the character? I recently made this personality generator for a campaign of ASE that you can use to flesh out exactly how to roleplay them and instruct GMs in how the world might react to them. 

Roll 1d6 per table, and intepret as you wish. 

MY GENERAL ATTITUDE IS...


  1. Cocky
  2. Unpleasant
  3. Charming
  4. Hyper
  5. Cowardly
  6. Morose

WHEN I EAT I...


  1. ... slide the whole meal right down my throat
  2. ... take tiny little bird bites
  3. ... separate all the different food stuffs into different piles
  4. ... I mix it all together into a single sludge
  5. ... I chew loudly with an open mouth
  6. ... I hide my mouth with my hand

MY WALK-STYLE IS...

  1. Forward-tilting
  2. Crooked
  3. Straight-shouldered
  4. Stiff-necked
  5. Hunched
  6. Backward-tilting

FAMOUS EXPRESSIONS

  1. Ugh!
  2. Waaaait a minute....
  3. Feck off!!
  4. Toodeloo!
  5. Me first!
  6. Well now the gronk is truly flonked....

I CANNOT RESIST...

  1. Beautiful clothing...
  2. A good fight...
  3. An enticing mystery...
  4. Shiny things...
  5. Cute animals...
  6. Strange artefacts...

I AM AFRAID OF...

  1. Darkness...
  2. Large monsters...
  3. Machinery or robots...
  4. Failure...
  5. Heights...
  6. Cramped spaces...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table-Centric Design

Addendum to "Table-Centric Design" - On Mattering

you can use dnd to play anything